Monday, November 12, 2007




Because this is my blog I made the executive decision to go on to the back and come back and finish the seat later. You are allowed and I highly recommend that is when you come across a difficult area of your project, move on to another area. This will let your brain rest from that area of the chair and perhaps give you a different perspective on how you will approach it when you go back to it. I guess its kinda a “Zen” thing or somethin’. I first stapled some webbing to the top and bottom of the inside frame of the back cushion of the chair. Now in this case you don’t need a webbing stretcher to apply the webbing. One thing that I have failed to mention in past posts is that I am using a 3/8 inch staple to apply the fabric and this back cushion webbing. My bad. I attach the webbing by first folding the webbing over about an inch. I staple the webbing down with the fold facing the inside of the chair. I repeat this same procedure on the inside of the seat frame side rails. Again this webbing only has to be hand tight. I then cut an appropriate size piece of burlap and staple it over the webbing to the inside of the rails. I also fold the burlap over and trim it off. Now what I have is the ability to put my first layer of cotton even with the frame. Letting me add more padding without to much bulk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duane,
You De Upholstery MAN !