Sunday, November 18, 2007


Hello. I have had a little delay on gong ahead with applying the gimp. I t took me awhile to get in contact with my client to verify the color that was picked out a month or so ago. So tomorrow I will visit with them and pick the right color for the chair. I personally don’t like to much contrast but that is just me. I am sure that my client will pick the right one. So in the meantime I started on the other chair. I also have picked a couple small jobs and an office waiting room job. So it does not take much to keep me busy. I suppose that is the jest of my conversation with you is that in this business you never know where it might come from. As you learn this “art” you will want to make sure that you are always willing to broaden your horizons. That will mean that you become comfortable working with different fabrics, vinyls, leathers, padding and techniques. That can be one of the benefits of working in this trade is that a lot of the work is custom, one of a kind. Of course there are always exceptions. Take for instance this office job that I picked up, a previous customer actually. You have to take in to consideration that they have a business too and the chairs are part of there operation so you will have to be realistic with how long it will take you. So my customer and I have come to terms, we have negotiated a price and a time schedule. I will be posting that job to illustrate how I made the estimate. How to work with multiples of the same item. How to lay out your fabric to get the maximum usage out of it. Until then I hope you all have been well.

No comments: