Sunday, December 9, 2007




Up next this small bedroom chair, to be restored. Probably a chair from the 40’s and has been reupholstered, by the look of the “orange Frazee’” probably in the late 60’ or early 70’s. I will be able to tell a little more when I start to open it up to reupholster. My client has chosen a very high end fabric. This fabric comes from Duralee, another fine fabric wholesaler that I have been working with for many years. Duralee offers the type of fabrics that are offered by professional interior decorators and high quality furniture upholstery shops. This particular fabric can be found by going to Duralee’s web site. You can’t tell by the photos but it is an abbreviated sculptured fabric. The background fabric is a hard face fabric and the pattern is a low nap chenille. It is simply beautiful to the eye and touch. This quality of fabric will retail at around $80-$100 dollars a yard. I estimated the yardage to be 3.5 yards to do the job. You can do the math. There is going to be a pattern match which will be very critical to making this chair a work of art. There is some structural issues and some spring issues that I have to address along the way also. I will be taking you through the entire process illustrating and explaining the entire process. First up tearing in to it. Until next time Happy Trails. Can any of you tell me what team use to say that?

No comments: