Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How to Reupholster a Recliner





I then removed the positioning handle.
I then removed the foot rest and child safety bar.
I then removed the mechanism from the arm component. Put all of the bolts, nuts and screws in a safe place as not to lose them
Once when all of the bolts and screws have been removed I lifted the rocker mechanism out and away from the chair. Be careful with this mechanism and watch where you put your fingers least they get pinched. I speak from experience, it hurts like hell. If there are any repairs that need to be made to the mechanism such as replacing rocker springs now is the time to do that. This particular chair is in great shape and does not any type of attention like that. Now we are ready to start to apply the fabric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is more coming? Very nice, so far!