Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How to Reupholster a Recliner





I started with the footrest and the child safety bar. I use an Osborne staple remover to remove the staples, hence the name staple removerThis particular chair will require 7 yards of fabric. Yours may take more or less. The yardage estimate could be varied because of the width of your fabric, if it has a pattern or not and how that pattern is laid out. If you need help with this send me an email @---------with a picture of your chair and fabric and I can give you a pretty good idea of how much fabric will be required. My customer picked out a solid micro fiber fabric that is a standard 54 inch width. The only thing I have to be aware of when applying this fabric is that it has a nap and I want that nap to go all the same direction. I always run the nap down. Before I start to cut my fabric I square the bottom edge of the fabric. The outside edge is square and by putting my square along the one outside edge and my 72 inch yardstick next to the square I will have a fairly straight edge. I mark it with my chalk and cut on the chalk line with my scissors.

No comments: